SBI education loan for abroad studies

Global Ed-vantage loan scheme


Apply now

Benefits of SBI education loan for abroad studies over other options


SBI loan scheme for education

Abroad education

Exclusive loan scheme for study abroad

Faster approvals for education loan

Faster

Approval in 14 working days

Lower interest rate

Low Interest rates

9.8% Female, 10.3% Male
(after RinnRaksha insurance)

Lower processing fee

Low processing fee

Fixed fee of Rs. 10,000 paid directly at SBI branch

Apply online, process it online

Online process

Very few bank visits required, rest online

Pre-Approval confirmation letter

Pre-Approval

Pre-approval letter before your i20




Global Ed-vantage loan scheme for overseas education

Global Ed-vantage scheme of State Bank of India (SBI) offers loan of Rs. 20 lakhs INR to Rs. 1.5 Cr INR to study abroad. This overseas education loan is primarily for those who wish to pursue a full-time regular course at a recognised foreign college or University.

Eligible Courses and Countries:

Undergraduate (bachelors), Postgraduate (masters) and Doctoral (PhD) degree programs are eligible. Eligible countries include USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Europe, Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong and New Zealand. Other countries will also be considered based on university rank.

Eligible expenses:

You may apply for loan for following:
Admission Fee, Tuition fee, Hostel Fee/Living Expenses, Examination/Lab/Library fee, Purchase of books, Caution Fee, Purchase of computer, Misc. expenses.

Quantum of Finance:

You can avail upto 1.5 Cr as an education loan from SBI. If you even require more amounts, it can be sanctioned but in case to case basis

Margin:

SBI can fund 90% of the eligible expenses. The remaining 10% has to be brought in by you on pro-rata basis.
Scholarships or assistantships can be included in the margin.

Processing Fee:

Fixed processing fee of Rs. 10,000 is charged per application.

Rate of interest:

Simple Interest will be charged during Course Period + Moratorium Period.

Collateral Security:

Two types of securities can be accepted.

Immovable property: House or a Flat or Land

Liquid security: Fixed deposit, LIC policy, Bonds, etc.

Third party collaterals (collaterals not belonging to family) are acceptable as well.

Repayment and Moratorium period

Loan can be repaid in upto 15 years.
Repayment holiday or moratorium period is until 6 months after the course

Documents required:

Exact list of documents will be shared with you via email after the online team speaks to you over a call. After which the documents should be submitted at your nearest SBI branch which will be suggested by the online team. Please apply online to start the education loan procedure.

What is WeMakeScholars?

WeMakeScholars is the official national digital processing partner of SBI in the abroad education loan segment. This online education loan team will assist you throughout the loan process and help you with any queries related to overseas education loan of SBI, the eligibility criteria, the documents and credentials you require to submit in order to obtain the loan.

Even though the application is made online, the documents have to be submitted to the nearest bank to begin the process. This means the entire loan process can be successfully done by sitting within the premise of your home with only 2-3 bank visits. The entire process can be done in 14-16 working days. This online team can even discuss with the concerned branch manager and higher authorities about the quicker processing of your loan application.

What are the advantages of applying to SBI education loan via WeMakeScholars?

  • Multicity cases can be tackled easily: If you have your permanent residentship in the city A and if the property is located in another city B, then such cases are usually not entertained/ will take a lot of time to sanction when you apply to the bank directly. But, it can be done way faster via WeMakeScholars.
  • Best customer service/support: ou can avail complete customer support from the WeMakeScholars team for any of the doubt you have, anytime.
  • Negotiation on your behalf: WeMakeScholars team can negotiate on your behalf with the bank for the best rate of interest and also we see that you are charged nominal for the complete process, including the lawyer’s fee etc.
  • Digital tracking: Those applying via WeMakeScholars will get a 16 digit reference number to track the application online from the SBI portal.
  • Cashback: You will be rewarded with a cashback on multiple disbursements to a maximum of Rs. 3000. And much more!
  • Discuss your profile with the education loan team

Discuss with the Education loan team